Pages

We all have things we need to do to make ourselves better people. Sometimes along the road we may work hard to improve ourselves. At other times, the best we can do is just survive. Endure. I've been in both situations and I'm guessing, so have you.

I get to work with the awesome youth in our church. In doing this, I also have the opportunity to work on a series of goals, just as I did in my youth. This program is called Personal Progress. It made quite an impact on me in my youth, and I have found in the few months since I started it again, there is much I am learning and that brings me strength.

So this blog is a record of my journey on that path. Feel free to comment, I'd love to know about your journey as well.

If you'd like to know more about the Personal Progress program or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, links are to the right. Enjoy!



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Individual Worth Value Experience #2

Learn about the importance of patriarchal blessings by studying about them in True to the Faith and recent conference talks. Find out why they are given and who can give them. Discuss with a parent or Church leader how to prepare to receive a patriarchal blessing and how it can teach you of your worth and identity and be a guide throughout your life. If you have not received your blessing, prepare to receive it.

In preparation for this value experience, I read two wonderful talks on the subject: President Thomas S. Monson's Your Patriarchal Blessing: A Liahona of Light and Sister Julie B. Beck's You Have a Noble Birthright.

How grateful I am to have been working on this experience, particularly at this time. I am touched by the things I read in the talks. I have felt the outpouring of love from Heavenly Father about my worth as I have pondered these talks and my own blessing. I have known it was inspired from the time I received it, a knowledge which was again confirmed to me as I studied. I had another one of those experiences this week when I was concentrating on helping a family member with something and a promise from my blessing suddenly came to my mind. It was just another little testament of the inspiration behind patriarchal blessings. How grateful I am for such a loving Father in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment