Pages

We all have things we need to do to make ourselves better people. Sometimes along the road we may work hard to improve ourselves. At other times, the best we can do is just survive. Endure. I've been in both situations and I'm guessing, so have you.

I get to work with the awesome youth in our church. In doing this, I also have the opportunity to work on a series of goals, just as I did in my youth. This program is called Personal Progress. It made quite an impact on me in my youth, and I have found in the few months since I started it again, there is much I am learning and that brings me strength.

So this blog is a record of my journey on that path. Feel free to comment, I'd love to know about your journey as well.

If you'd like to know more about the Personal Progress program or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, links are to the right. Enjoy!



Monday, February 28, 2011

Individual Worth Value Experience #1

You are a daughter of Heavenly Father, who knows you and loves you. Read Psalm 8:4-6; Jeremiah 1:5; John 13:34; Doctrine and Covenants 18:10; Abraham 3:22-23; Joseph Smith-History 1:1-20. Write in your journal how these scriptures teach you that Heavenly Father knows you, loves you, and is mindful of you.

(Original journal record is on May 12, 2010-no idea how I never posted it before!)
I have had experiences in my life while reading a particular scripture, I was hit with such force and clarity that prayers were answered, undeniably. That this is possible and to have feelings of love from Heavenly Father as I study is evidence to me that He loves me, knows me, and is mindful of me, and the things I face.

These scriptures are beautiful reminders that He loves each of us, knows each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment