Pages

We all have things we need to do to make ourselves better people. Sometimes along the road we may work hard to improve ourselves. At other times, the best we can do is just survive. Endure. I've been in both situations and I'm guessing, so have you.

I get to work with the awesome youth in our church. In doing this, I also have the opportunity to work on a series of goals, just as I did in my youth. This program is called Personal Progress. It made quite an impact on me in my youth, and I have found in the few months since I started it again, there is much I am learning and that brings me strength.

So this blog is a record of my journey on that path. Feel free to comment, I'd love to know about your journey as well.

If you'd like to know more about the Personal Progress program or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, links are to the right. Enjoy!



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Choice and Accountability Project

Again, for some reason I never recorded this. . .Project was completed in January of 2010.

Project:
To create a 2010 calendar for the YW of our Ward. Hopefully they can use it to be more organized which can help them make betters choices in their lives. (This was a request for me from our YW President)

Plan to carry out:
1. Gathering dates of importance from stake, ward, and school calendars.
2. Gathering pictures of each of the YW and leaders for their birth date.
3. Compiling all information, designing the calendar.
4. Printing and distributing.

Evaluation:
The YW are busy! I don't know how many of them use the calendar, but I know I am better organized as their advisor. I can easily pull out my calendar to check on birthdays, conducting info and future planning. It has made me more aware of the choices that our youth are facing. I pray for strength for them.

It also helps me to see where I need to be accountable for my responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment