Pages

We all have things we need to do to make ourselves better people. Sometimes along the road we may work hard to improve ourselves. At other times, the best we can do is just survive. Endure. I've been in both situations and I'm guessing, so have you.

I get to work with the awesome youth in our church. In doing this, I also have the opportunity to work on a series of goals, just as I did in my youth. This program is called Personal Progress. It made quite an impact on me in my youth, and I have found in the few months since I started it again, there is much I am learning and that brings me strength.

So this blog is a record of my journey on that path. Feel free to comment, I'd love to know about your journey as well.

If you'd like to know more about the Personal Progress program or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, links are to the right. Enjoy!



Friday, May 13, 2011

Knowledge Value Experience #1

Learn about the importance of gaining knowledge by reading Proverbs 1:5; 4:7; 2 Nephi 28:30; and Doctrine and Covenants 88:78-80, 118; 90:15; 130:18-19; 131:6. Think about why you need to gain knowledge and understanding about how to apply gospel principles to your present and future home and family life. Write in your journal what you have learned about knowledge, and discuss it with a family member or Young Women leader.

It is important for us to gain knowledge. God wants us to. These scriptures make it very evident. As we gain knowledge, we do receive further knowledge that helps us to magnify the callings we have been given. The most important calling I will ever have on this earth is as a mother.

In order to prepare my children for life in this world, to be given the greatest advantages in this life, they need to feel successful in their schooling, so they can appreciate and enjoy learning. I know this doesn't mean that everyone excels and is the top of their class. It means feeling successful in their own personal learning, whatever level they may be at.

Most importantly, I believe my greatest calling with regards to my children, is that they have a testimony of who they are and where they came from. The truths that are held in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Whatever successes or disappointments they face, a deep and abiding testimony will guide them through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment