Pages

We all have things we need to do to make ourselves better people. Sometimes along the road we may work hard to improve ourselves. At other times, the best we can do is just survive. Endure. I've been in both situations and I'm guessing, so have you.

I get to work with the awesome youth in our church. In doing this, I also have the opportunity to work on a series of goals, just as I did in my youth. This program is called Personal Progress. It made quite an impact on me in my youth, and I have found in the few months since I started it again, there is much I am learning and that brings me strength.

So this blog is a record of my journey on that path. Feel free to comment, I'd love to know about your journey as well.

If you'd like to know more about the Personal Progress program or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, links are to the right. Enjoy!



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

For the Strength of Youth - Going Forward with Faith

Read about this standard here.

Much of what I've learned about going forward with faith I will link to my post about Faith, value experience #1, as I ended up writing about both of these things in the same entry as my journal. But another thought came to me as I was reading the Book of Mormon this morning. As part of working on the Virtue Project, I have been trying to liken the scriptures to myself, and gain greater understanding and meaning from the Book of Mormon in my life.

I started reading this morning about when Christ visited the Nephites (begins in 3 Nephi 11). I was struck by  3 Nephi 12:45: ". . .for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good." This reminds me that we are ALL His children and He loves us all.

Each of us here were righteous in heaven - we each made a righteous decision and He wants us to follow Him so that we can return! We need to help our brothers and sisters along the way.

I know it can seem overwhelming in our busy, hectic and often troubled lives, but we are meant to help each other. The great thing? This light is naturally already a part of us - we just need to give it a small part of our time and it expands and we suddenly realize that we can be there for others and when we are, we have greater joy. Everything falls neatly into place as though that is where it always belonged.

No comments:

Post a Comment